PRIVACY NOTICE – NON CANDIDATE
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT HOW WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Who we are and how we approach data privacy
We are GetMyFirstJob Ltd (Company Registration No 06685719, Registered Office 61 Westway, Caterham, England, CR3 5TQ).
We are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and, from 25 May 2018, we will be the Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)).
As a company we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of your personal information. We want you to be confident that your information will be properly protected whilst in our possession.
This notice explains how we, and carefully selected third parties we work with, will collect and use the personal information of:
- our business contacts (suppliers and customers) and prospects; and
- careers advisers and parents;
- individuals who use our website for general interest;
- individuals applying for a role with us; and
- ex employees.
If you are a candidate looking for an apprenticeship, traineeship or related employment opportunities you should read our CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE (available here) instead of this notice
Please read this notice carefully and make sure you’re comfortable with the content.
Our representative for the purpose of data protection compliance can be contacted at: [email protected]
If you have any questions about our use of your personal information, or you wish to exercise one of your rights under data protection legislation, please contact us. A summary of your rights is detailed at the end of this notice.
Our website and customer portals
This notice details how we use information you provide to us about you through our websites (https://www.thetalentportal.co.uk, https://www.getmyfirstjob.co.uk) and customer portals.
Any other external websites/portals that may be linked to our website will be subject to their own data protection statements/privacy policies which may be different to this notice. You should check carefully the content of those third party notices before you submit any personal information to them.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information through the internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data at all times, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you send to us through our website. Any transmission made is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information we use strict procedures and state of the art security features to protect against unauthorised access.
Information we collect from you and how we use it
We hope the following table helps you to understand what information we may collect, in what circumstances and how we use that information (including how long we retain it for).
|Category of information||Where it comes from||What is collected and how we use that information|
|Information you give to us (Voluntary Information)||This is information you give to us about you by:|
|· contacting us with an enquiry or to report a problem with our website;||In order to process your enquiry and/or investigate a problem we may ask you to provide your username and basic contact information (name, address, telephone number and email address) so we can verify your identity and deal with your enquiry/resolve the problem.
We may make up an electronic file of the enquiry/problem which will contain any personal information you have given us.
We will only use your personal information here to investigate and respond to you with the outcome of your enquiry/our investigation.
You do not have to provide this information to us, it is entirely voluntary. However, we may be limited in our ability to deal with your enquiry and respond to you if contact information is not provided. We will only correspond with you in the way you have asked us to.
It is in our legitimate business interests to process this information in order to deal with your enquiry/investigate the problem you’ve raised. We’ll ensure your rights are protected.
|· registering or subscribing to a service we provide;||We offer various services to business contacts (suppliers and customers) through our website.
If you subscribe to a service through our website, you will be asked to create an online account with a username and password (Access Credentials). We will keep a record of your Access Credentials in order to administer your online account. You must keep this information confidential and not share your Access Credentials with any other person.
Here we are processing your information in order to provide you with a specific function/facility which is governed by the terms and conditions of that service, i.e. a contract.
We might use the information you provide for other closely related services, for example asking you to complete a survey to get feedback on the function/facility you’ve subscribed to (see below).
If you do subscribe to a service from us, you can cancel your subscription at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
|· corresponding with us (for example by email or LiveChat;||When you contact us, any personal information you provide will be protected in the same way as we treat our commercial information.
We will monitor any emails we receive (plus attachments) for any viruses or malicious software. We will promptly delete any email which is illegal or presents harm to us.
Our live chat facilities are provided by:
· Intercom (https://www.intercom.com) for customer support; and
· Hubspot (https://www.hubspot.com) for sales and general enquiries.
These platforms allow us to handle your enquires in real time. To use the live chat function we will collect your name, email address (should you wish to provide it) and the content of the chat. This information is not shared with any third parties. You can request a transcript of your chat session at any time by contacting us (but we’ll need your email address in order to deliver it to you). For existing customers using these systems, we are processing your information in order to provide you with the live chat platform which is governed by the terms and conditions of that service, i.e. our contract.
|· filling in forms to complete a survey;||We occasionally run surveys to understand how you felt about our service/gather information about your experience.
If you choose to complete a survey for us, you may be asked for your name, age, gender, address and employer or training provider. We use this information to analyse the responses in the survey.
It is in our legitimate business interests to understand how you feel about our website, products and services. This justifies the processing of your personal information for this purpose. Completion of the survey is entirely voluntary.
Please be assured that after initial collection of your personal information for a survey, your information will be anonymised to allow us to report back on our performance (internally and in our marketing communications).
|filling in our online job application and the subsequent application process;||If you apply for a job with us you will be asked to complete our online application form. This will ask for personal information about you (including your name, address (past and historic), telephone number, email address, job history and qualifications).
As part of your application you may be asked for equal opportunities information. This is optional. You do not have to supply it. Failure to provide this information will not impact your application. We will initially process this information with your consent. After initial collection, this information will be anonymised and used only for statistical purposes.
All of the information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of processing your application (prior to possibly entering into an employment contract), or to fulfil legal requirements. This includes any information collected during the interview process/assessment days or personality testing.
We will not share any of this personal information for marketing purposes. The information you provide will be stored securely by us and our data processors. This captures data in both electronic and paper form.
We will use the contact information you provide to keep you up to date on the progress of your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
If we make a conditional offer of employment to you we may ask you to provide additional information so that we can carry out pre-employment checks (such as proof of ID, proof of qualifications, referees, and health information).
Information about your health is a special category of data and we will need your express consent to process it.
If you’re asked to provide referee contact information please ensure you firstly have the express consent of that individual to provide his/her contact information to us.
You may also be asked to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK and to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service check. You will need to facilitate the Disclosure and Barring Service check and as such it will be done with your consent.
If you are successful in your application, we will provide you with a further PRIVACY NOTICE for employees and workers to advise how we handle the personal data of our staff.
If you are unsuccessful we may ask you for your consent to keep your information on file in case any other opportunities arise which we feel may be of interest.
|· business contact information;
|We will keep:
· a record of business contacts of our suppliers, advisers, agents and customers and their contact information in order to manage our commercial relationship with that third party and perform contractual obligations (i.e. it is necessary for us to perform a contract);
· a record of contacts from competent authorities and regulators linked to our industry, together with their contact information, in order to comply with a legal obligation; and
· a record of prospective business contacts. This is in our legitimate interests (i.e. we have a justifiable reason for processing information in this way).
|· being a former employee or worker of GetMyFirstJob Ltd.||We will retain your personal data after employment or engagement in accordance with our separate PRIVACY NOTICE for employees and workers. Please contact us if you would like a copy of this notice.|
|Information we collect about you and your device||Each time you visit our website we will automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including your operating system, the browser you use, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, your log in information and the internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the internet (Device Information);
· details of your use of our website including traffic data, the resources you use, where you have clicked through to our website from that of a third party, the domain name of the connecting website, page response times, download errors, length of your visit, page interaction information and browsing behaviour (Log Information);
|Some online identifiers (such as your IP addresses) are your personal information.
We collect Device Information so that we can ensure adequate technical support for our website and ensure it is functioning properly on all operating systems/browsers. We want to ensure the content of our website is being presented to you in the most appropriate way to ensure it is easy to use/navigate. We also need this information in order to allow you to participate in interactive features on the website where you choose to do so.
We collect Log Information so that we can better understand how our website is used and improve its functionality/content. We want to provide you with a customised service.
Your Device Information and Log Information will be combined with that of our other users and analysed or reported back to selected third parties in statistical form. It will not be possible to identify you from this aggregated information.
These activities are in our legitimate interests (i.e. we have a justifiable reason for processing your information in this way).
We use Google Analytics Solutions software to track and report on general patterns of activity on our website at statistical level. More information about this and how Google Analytics Solutions use your Device Information and Log Information can be found at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
· a cookie is a small text file sent to your computer or device;
· a pixel tag is an invisible tag placed on certain parts of our Site. It does not leave a footprint on your computer/device.
Pixel tags and cookies work together to tailor our website. These are also used in our email communications to understand whether you have used our website from the email and record whether it has been read.
You can manage this automatic collection of data by adjusting your cookie settings. More information can be found here and at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
In most cases the personal information you provide to us in the table above is entirely voluntary. You are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide it to us. The only exceptions to this are:
- Where you work for a company which has a contract with GetMyFirstJob Ltd and you are involved in the performance of that contract/named as the relationship manager for that company. This is a contractual If you fail to provide your personal information your company may not be able to fulfil its contractual obligations to us;
- Where you apply for a job with GetMyFirstJob Ltd and we have given you a conditional offer. Our offer may be conditional upon you providing evidence of your identity and/or your right to work in the UK. This is a legal If you fail to provide this personal information we may not be able to offer you employment.
Keeping your personal information up to date
If you become aware that any information we hold about you is incorrect or there are any changes to your personal details, please contact us.
Providing us with personal information of another person
If you need to provide us with personal information about another person you must obtain that individual’s express consent to pass us their information. You should share this privacy notice with that individual as it may also apply to him/her.
- Marketing to companies and corporate bodies
We will communicate information about our products and services to companies and corporate bodies (forming a view of what those recipients may need, or want or what may be of interest). We consider this to be in our legitimate interests which are balanced (not overridden) by the interests and fundamental rights of any identified individual. For any calls we make to companies and corporate bodies, we will screen the number we hold against the Corporate Preference Service and will provide the recipient with an option to stop further calls. Our calls will not be recorded unless the individual on the call has given specific consent. For any emails we send to company and corporate bodies, we will offer a route to unsubscribe from those communications/allow individual employees to unsubscribe. This option to unsubscribe can be exercised at any other time by contacting us. Where an individual unsubscribes we will still process his/her personal data to fulfil a product or service made by the company/corporate body (and we have a lawful basis for doing so).
- Marketing to other individuals identified in this notice
We will not use your personal information to directly market our products and services to you.
If you send personal information to us indirectly through the third parties we work with (marketing agencies, promoters, talent acquisition and recruitment agents) these third parties will be in control of your personal information. You should check their privacy notices to ensure you’re comfortable with their marketing activities and the marketing you have consented to.
Where we send your personal information
We may have to share your personal information with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the above table:
- carefully selected third parties who provide a service to us to support our core operations, such as: processing our mail, communicating with customers on our behalf, running competitions and promotions, providing IT systems and administrative services and the development and improvement of internal systems and processes;
- competent authorities (statutory bodies, regulatory authorities, authorised bodies who have a role laid out by law);
- other organisations where we are legally obligated to disclose your personal information (such as requests made in the prevention and detection of crime), where disclosure is necessary to protect the property, rights and safety of us and our staff or where disclosure is necessary in order to enforce or apply our contract with you;
- another company, if our business (or part) is purchased/taken over to ensure our products and services to you can be continually serviced or as part of discussions leading up to a sale/takeover;
- another company from whom we are looking to purchase assets, where the personal information is relevant to us assessing if those assets will improve our offering to customers and/or our business processes;
- other companies where we are trialling products and services which we consider may improve our offering to customers and/or our business processes;
- other third parties where you have given your express consent or where we reasonably believe a third party is acting on your behalf.
Whenever we share your personal information with third parties we will take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and your privacy rights.
Where we store your data
The data that you provide to us as set out above may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) by us and/or by the carefully selected third parties we work with.
We and third parties we work with may use cloud platforms to store your personal information. A cloud is a network of remote servers hosted on the internet. We will only use state of the art cloud platforms which give adequate guarantees that your personal data is secure. We will treat the storage of your personal information to the same level of protection as we treat our commercial information.
Where your data is held outside of the EEA, on a cloud or otherwise transferred, we will ensure this is only to a country which has been deemed adequate by a competent data protection regulator or where adequate protections have been put in place to safeguard the data (to the standards prescribed by law). This includes contractual protections.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this notice.
All information you provide to us is also stored on our secure servers.
To find out more about storage of your data, and the safeguards that are in place to protect your data outside of the EEA, contact us at: [email protected]
Automated decision making
We do not make any decisions about you using automated electronic processes.
Your account information
Where you have created a username and password to gain access to a portal or our website, please keep this confidential. Please do not share you account username and password with anyone else as this may compromise the security of your personal information.
We recognise that the personal information we hold about you belongs to you and it is right that you have control over that personal information. We have detailed below a summary of your legal rights.
- ask us to have access to, and for a copy of, the personal information we hold about you;
- request that we amend or delete your personal information;
- ask us to stop processing your personal data altogether or in a certain way;
- change your mind about how you have agreed we can use your personal information. If you have given us consent to use your personal information in a specific way you can withdraw it. This means that we will stop processing your personal data in the way you have objected to from the date that your permission is withdrawn;
- issue a complaint to the appropriate authority – see www.ico.org.uk for more information; and/or
- request that we transfer your personal information to another provider (this is known as data portability).
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or discuss them in more detail, please contact us using the email address below.
We need to make you aware that even where you exercise a right detailed above, we may not be able to comply with that request if an exception in law applies. Where this is the case we will notify you and explain why we’re unable to meet your request.
Changes to this notice
We keep this notice under regular review. This notice was last updated on 24 May 2018.
Any changes we make to this notice will be posted on our website with a prominent notice and, where appropriate, we will notify you by email.
If, in the future, we wish to use your personal information in a way not set out in this notice we will notify you and seek your permission to do so.
If you would like to request further information about this notice or the way in which we handle your personal information, please contact us at: [email protected]