Talent Inspiration Manager for Witherslack
Talent Inspiration Team leader
Home Based with client travel required for schools’ delivery, plus occasional travel to team meeting.
Between £22,500 to £24,500 per annum, plus travel costs will be reimbursed.
Who we are?
We challenge industry stereotypes; we broaden horizons, and we help disconnected people to make informed decisions at the key points in their working life. We believe every person should have the access to the information they really need when taking employment decisions.
We look at things a bit differently, helping people understand what really interests them not just what is available in the here and now. As a result, we are proud to say we’ve helped over 2 million people through this process, but we want to help many more!
What will you do?
As Talent Inspiration Manager at GetMyFirstJob, within the Educator Team, you will be responsible for coaching and supporting students from Witherslack schools and preparing them for the world of work. This will be delivered through virtual as well as physical workshops within Witherslack schools across the UK. You will support candidates with special educational needs throughout their employability journey and finally match them to opportunities listed on the TalentPortal as well as external jobs boards.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships with Witherslack students, schools, parents, guardians, and keyworkers.
- Develop understanding and knowledge of Witherslack Group and their students.
- Connecting with Witherslack schools and supporting their staff.
- Creating materials to aid information, advice and guidance for Witherslack students.
- Offering and delivering face to face workshops within Witherslack schools.
- Hosting virtual workshops for Witherslack students.
- Supporting individual students and coaching them to improve their employability.
- Building relationships with stakeholders such as Training Providers, Colleges and Employers.
- Matching Witherslack students to opportunities which are right for them.
- Guiding Witherslack students through the application process and offering coaching and guidance where necessary.
- Celebrating students’ successes and offering further coaching if needed.
- Report on project success and potential improvements, to GetMyFirstJob project leader.
- Supporting parents to access relevant funding and job coaches.
- Educate Employers on how to create a supportive and inclusive work environment suitable for the individual learner.
What do you need?
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be passionate about making a difference in young people’s lives and have excellent communication skills. Other skills required include:
- Adaptable and resilient mindset
- Strong rapport builder with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident in teaching and controlling the behaviour of a class of students
- Passion to develop their own understanding
- Driven with a proven track record of delivering high quality work
- Sound understanding of what it takes to engage learners
- Self-motivation and ability to organise own time effectively
- Mastering the art of achieving success through incremental victories.
- Maintain a current knowledge of UK apprenticeships
- High level of literacy
What are the whole team required to do?
- Live our values! Achieve, Team and Fun, Improve, Confidence & Ambition are what makes us a team.
- Follow the Company’s Policies and Procedures, accessible at any time from the CitrusHR Website, as well as statutory requirements.
- Uphold the Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policies, ensuring effective implementation in all aspects of their work for the Company.
- Provide a working environment at home (unless you are office based) with an ergonomic workstation in a quiet space with an internet connection suitable for video & telephone calls.
- Be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to business improvement.
- Undertake training as required.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Always observe health and safety procedures to safeguard yourself as well as the interests and safety of all those we work with you.
- Undertake other duties as needed.