Creative Careers Community Officer
Schools Delivery & Engagement Manager
Home Based in (North West, North East, Yorkshire)– with weekly travel via car required for schools’ delivery.
£23,000 – £26,000 per annum
Who we are?
We challenge industry stereotypes; we broaden horizons, and we help disconnected people to make informed decisions at the key points in their working life. We believe every person should have the access to the information they really need when taking employment decisions.
We look at things a bit differently, helping young people understand what really interests them not just what is available in the here and now. As a result, we are proud to say we’ve helped over 2 million people through this process, but we want to help many more!
What will you do?
This role is responsible for inspiring young people in what a career in the Creative Industry could look like for them through delivery of workshops in schools in the North of England. Some activities will be delivered on-line, but the ability to travel nationally in term time (about 30-40 days per year) is an important part of this role.
In this role you’ll have two main responsibilities:
- Delivery facilitation of workshops and assemblies in schools across our target regions and/or virtually
- Cultivation of the 4Schools community – working with our volunteer network, running 4Schools social media channels and the creation of blogs/resources for our platform and for use in schools
You’ll have a responsibility of inspiring young people to consider a career in the Creative Industry, and help them to see these career options as something that is realistic, achievable and exciting.
Your role will be split 60/40 – 60% Delivery Facilitation, and 40% Community Management.
This role will involve travel within our key target regions of the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Hampshire (est 30-40 days per year). The majority of this travel will fall in your local region, but on the odd occasion you may be expected to travel further.
What will the role of Creative Careers Community Officer involve?
Delivery Facilitation of 4Schools Assemblies & Workshops:
- Becoming ‘the face’ of the project, visible in the market and leading on customer interaction
- Opportunities for supporting and advising the team on the design of school workshop materials, to ensure they will engage and inspire the 11-16-year-old audience.
- Lead the delivery of school workshops to inspire, excite and expand students’ horizons on the career opportunities that lie ahead of them.
- Deliver exciting sessions whether that be virtual or face-to-face
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with schools and other educational stakeholders.
- Travel for delivery in schools will be required across the UK, your expenses when away from home will be covered in line with the company’s expense policy.
Community Management and Marketing tasks across the 4Schools project:
- Manage the 4Schools Twitter account – inclusive of content ideation, design and posting, engaging with our followers and keeping up to date with the latest trends.
- Writing blogs and news articles to feature across the 4Schools site – keeping our network up to date with the latest information on the programme, and establishing ourselves as thought leaders through expertly written content.
Manage and develop the Volunteer network – inclusive of processing volunteer applications, engaging with the volunteer community, writing volunteer bio’s, updating the website and spotting opportunities to grow the programme.
What do you need to succeed?
To succeed at GetMyFirstJob, you will need to totally embody our company values, it is part of what makes us, us! Achievement, Team and Fun, Improvement, Confidence & Ambition are not just words on a bit of paper to us they’re intrinsic to our success and culture.
More specifically for this role, you will need to…
- Hold a full UK driving license and have access to a car
- Have experience presenting and talking to large groups of people, ideally students between the ages of 11-16.
- Be a strong rapport builder with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be confident in teaching and controlling the behaviour of a class of students
- Driven with a proven track record of delivering high quality work
- Sound understanding of what it takes to engage students of ages 11-16
- Self-motivation and ability to organise own time effectively
- Maintain a current knowledge of UK apprenticeships or careers in the Creative Industry.
- High level of literacy
- Excellent written communication, with the ability to write compelling, engaging blogs and articles
- An eye for design with the ability to see a visual solution to a problem
What are the whole team required to do?
- Live our values! Achieve, Team and Fun, Improve, Confidence & Ambition are what makes us a team.
- Follow the Company’s Policies and Procedures, accessible at any time from the CitrusHR Website, as well as statutory requirements.
- Uphold the Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policies, ensuring effective implementation in all aspects of their work for the Company.
- Provide a working environment at home (unless you are office based) with an ergonomic workstation in a quiet space with an internet connection suitable for video & telephone calls.
- Be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to business improvement.
- Undertake training as required.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Always observe health and safety procedures to safeguard yourself as well as the interests and safety of all those we work with you.