Talent Team Leader – Employer Team
Head of Engagement, Selection and Success
Home Based with occasional travel to team and client meetings.
£26,000 – £28,000 per annum with the potential to earn a discretionary bonus
Who we are?
We challenge industry stereotypes; we broaden horizons and we help young people to make informed decisions at the beginning of their working life. We believe every young person in the UK should have the access to the information they really need when taking that first step into employment.
We look at things a bit differently, helping young people understand what really interests them not just what’s available in the here and now. As a result, we’re proud to say we’ve helped over 2 million people through this process, but we want to help many more!
What will you do?
As a Talent Team Leader at GetMyFirstJob, you’ll work in a consultative, coaching approach with our candidates, guiding them through the application process and forging strong relationships and bonds of trust in one of the most important times in their lives.
Alongside your responsibilities to candidates, you will also act as point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders on outsource recruitment projects such as Microsoft, AQA, Muller and Coca Cola Euro Pacific Partners, reporting back on your campaign findings, making strategic decisions, and offering advice of best practice with a view of constant improvement.
Finally, you will develop your leadership skills by managing a small team of up to 6 Talent Managers to ensure that the team can deliver excellent service to both candidates and clients.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of strategic recruitment decisions, providing relevant updates, and answering questions on internal and external calls.
- Provide regular reports of business activity volumes, recruitment success and vacancies.
- Being led by the data, driving your pipeline and activity from the Marketing team to fulfil campaign objectives.
- Supporting a small team of Talent Managers including regular check-ins, progression plans, training, coaching and mentoring
- Enable your team to achieve objectives, meeting the needs of candidates, clients, and the business
- Other line manager duties such as approving holiday, reporting to senior management on performance
- Training new team members in the correct processes and best practice.
- On recruitment campaigns you will have overall responsibility for the recruitment process and delegate recruitment activity to your fellow Talent Managers
- Prepare and post opportunities across a range of platforms in line with employer and business requirements.
- Support candidates from minority diversities with the application process via personal contact and events.
- Contact candidates via phone, email and SMS to let them know about suitable opportunities.
- Receive and review applications, manage telephone/video interviews and online tests to create a shortlist of young people for the employer.
- Check the suitability and eligibility of applicants before submitting their details to the employer.
- Create talent pools on GMFJ system to support reverse marketing of candidates.
- Prepare CVs and correspondence to forward to employers in respect of suitable applicants.
- Organise interviews for young people as requested by the employer, conducting mock interviews if appropriate. Ensure the regular daily and accurate input of all activity in GMFJ systems.
What do you need?
To succeed in this role at you will need to demonstrate our values. It is our commitment to Achievement, Team and Fun, Improvement, Confidence & Ambition that makes us a team. Other role specific skills required include:
- Driven with a proven track record at meeting recruitment objectives
- Sound understanding of recruitment in a commercial environment
- Self-motivation and ability to organise and plan effectively
- Results-driven thinking and decision-making ability
- Passion for enabling and supporting others to grow
- Maintain a current knowledge of UK apprenticeship requirements and policies
- High level of literacy
What are the whole team required to do?
- Live our values! Achieve, Team and Fun, Improve, Confidence & Ambition are what makes us a team.
- Follow the Company’s Policies and Procedures, accessible at any time from the CitrusHR Website, as well as statutory requirements.
- Uphold the Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policies, ensuring effective implementation in all aspects of their work for the Company.
- Provide a working environment at home (unless you are office based) with an ergonomic workstation in a quiet space with an internet connection suitable for video & telephone calls.
- Be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to business improvement.
- Undertake training as required.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Always observe health and safety procedures to safeguard yourself as well as the interests and safety of all those we work with you.
- Undertake other duties as needed.
If your experience matches our requirements, and you have a passion to help in the lives of our young people, then please click apply.
Please note due to a high volume of applicants we may not be able to respond to all applications. All successful candidates will be notified within 72 hours of application.