Creative Careers Influencer and Presenter - Employer Team
Creative Careers Influencer and Presenter – Employer Team
Home Based in (Leeds/Manchester/Preston)– with client weekly travel via car required for schools’ delivery.
4 days a week, term time only, salary ranging between £13,800 and £15,000, plus a car allowance
Who we are?
We challenge industry stereotypes; we broaden horizons, and we help young people to make informed decisions at the beginning of their working life. We believe every young person should have the access to the information they really need when taking that first step into employment.
We look at things a bit differently, helping young people understand what really interests them not just what is available in the here and now. As a result, we are proud to say we’ve helped over 2 million people through this process, but we want to help many more!
What will you do?
This role is responsible for inspiring young people in what a career in the Creative Industry could look like for them through delivery of workshops in schools in the North of England. Some activities will be delivered on-line, but the ability to travel nationally in term time (about 60 days per year) is an important part of this role.
What will the role of Creative Careers Influencer and Presenter involve?
- Becoming ‘the face’ of the project, visible in the market and leading on customer interaction
- Supporting and advising the team on the design of school workshop materials, to ensure they will engage and inspire the 11-16-year-old audience.
- Contributing to the 4Schools social media channels alongside the marketing team, providing first-person blog content, videos, and other written content to feature across the channels
- Lead the delivery of school workshops to inspire, excite and expand students’ horizons on the career opportunities that lie ahead of them.
- Deliver exciting sessions whether that be virtual or face-to-face
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with schools and other educational stakeholders.
What do you need?
To succeed at GetMyFirstJob, you will need to totally embody our company values, it is part of what makes us, us! Achievement, Team and Fun, Improvement, Confidence & Ambition are not just words on a bit of paper to us they’re intrinsic to our success and culture.
More specifically for this role, you will need to…
- Hold a full UK driving license and have access to a car
- Have experience presenting and talking to large groups of people
- Be a strong rapport builder with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be confident in teaching and controlling the behaviour of a class of students
- Driven with a proven track record of delivering high quality work
- Sound understanding of what it takes to engage students of ages 11-16
- Self-motivation and ability to organise own time effectively
- Maintain a current knowledge of UK apprenticeships
- High level of literacy
What are the whole team required to do?
- Live our values! Achieve, Team and Fun, Improve, Confidence & Ambition are what makes us a team.
- Follow the Company’s Policies and Procedures, accessible at any time from the CitrusHR Website, as well as statutory requirements.
- Uphold the Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policies, ensuring effective implementation in all aspects of their work for the Company.
- Provide a working environment at home (unless you are office based) with an ergonomic workstation in a quiet space with an internet connection suitable for video & telephone calls.
- Be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to business improvement.
- Undertake training as required.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Always observe health and safety procedures to safeguard yourself as well as the interests and safety of all those we work with you.