Creative Career Talent Manger – Work Experience
Talent Team Leader – Employer Team
Home Based with occasional travel to team and client meetings.
£22,000-£24,000 per annum with the potential to earn a discretionary bonus.
Who we are?
We challenge industry stereotypes; we broaden horizons, and we help young people to make informed decisions at the beginning of their working life. We believe every young person should have the access to the information they really need when taking that first step into employment.
We look at things a bit differently, helping young people understand what really interests them not just what is available in the here and now. As a result, we are proud to say we’ve helped over 2 million people through this process, but we want to help many more!
What will you do?
As a Creative Careers Talent Manager at GetMyFirstJob, it’s your responsibility to be the biggest cheerleader for our candidates as you guide them through a work experience programme. Working alongside a major player in the UK entertainment industry – Channel 4 – it will be your responsibility to help and assist candidates through to completion.
But whilst completed work experience programmes are the goal – it’s how you get there that matters to us. These candidates wont just be a number to you, they’ll be real people for whom you take on a personal mission to be their biggest supporter as you guide them through one of the most important times in their lives – looking for their first job, making that first exciting break into their dream role, or changing their career direction.
You’ll be a consistent presence for candidates as you gain their trust, from initial contact and support with their application, through to preparation, onboarding and coaching throughout the programme.
As well as your responsibility to your current candidates, you’ll have an eye on future ones too – taking their feedback and sharing it with the wider team to positively impact the future experiences on the Channel 4 Work Experience programme.
This role will be varied. Whilst you spend significant portions of your time actively speaking to candidates, you will also act as point of contact for external stakeholders, report back on programme progress, make strategic decisions, and offer advice of best practice with a view of constant improvement.
If you want to make a difference to the lives of young people, expose candidates to a career they may never have thought possible, and work alongside one of the most progressive brands in the UK – then we think this might just be the role for you!
Main responsibilities will include:
As the Channel 4 Work Experience Programme will be staggered across the academic year, you will also work as part of the wider Talent Manager team, with responsibilities such as:
- Prepare and post opportunities across a range of platforms in line with employer and business requirements.
- Support candidates from minority diversities with the application process via personal contact and events.
- Contact candidates via phone, email, and SMS to let them know about suitable opportunities
- Receive and review applications, manage telephone/video interviews and online tests to create a shortlist of young people for the employer.
- Check the suitability and eligibility of applicants before submitting their details to the employer.
- Provide regular reports of business activity volumes, recruitment success and vacancies.
- Being led by the data, driving your pipeline and activity from the Marketing team to fulfil campaign objectives.
What do you need?
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be passionate about making a difference in young people’s lives and have excellent communication skills. Other skills required include:
- Driven with a proven track record at meeting recruitment objectives
- Sound understanding of recruitment in a commercial environment
- Self-motivation and ability to organise own time effectively
- Maintain a current knowledge of UK apprenticeship requirements and policies
- High level of literacy
What are the whole team required to do?
- Live our values! Achieve, Team and Fun, Improve, Confidence & Ambition are what makes us a team.
- Follow the Company’s Policies and Procedures, accessible at any time from the CitrusHR Website, as well as statutory requirements.
- Uphold the Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policies, ensuring effective implementation in all aspects of their work for the Company.
- Provide a working environment at home (unless you are office based) with an ergonomic workstation in a quiet space with an internet connection suitable for video & telephone calls.
- Be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to business improvement.
- Undertake training as required.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Always observe health and safety procedures to safeguard yourself as well as the interests and safety of all those we work with you
- Undertake other duties as needed.