B2B Marketing & Community Manager
Head of Employer Candidate Marketing
Home Based with occasional travel to team and client meetings.
£25,000 to £30,000 based on essential skills and experience.
Who are we?
We challenge industry stereotypes; we broaden horizons, and we help disconnected people to make informed decisions at key points in their working life. We believe every person should have the access to the information they really need when taking employment decisions.
We look at things a bit differently, helping people understand what really interests them not just what is available in the here and now. As a result, we are proud to say we have helped over 2 million people through this process, but we want to help many more!
What will you do?
As the B2B Marketing & Community Manager you will be responsible for attracting, growing, nurturing, communicating with, guiding and capitalising on the various external B2B communities across The Talent People and GetMyFirstJob brands.
The primary objective of these communities being to deliver signed contracts for paid work from new and existing clients via the companies sales and account management functions.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Increasing traffic and unique visitors to our B2B web pages
- Converting visitors to contacts within our CRM system
- Nurturing our B2B contacts to encourage calls to action, i.e. attendance at events, booking sales meetings & commissioning work
- Ensure full attendance at the monthly round table and quarterly face to face events for the target stakeholder groups and existing communities.
- Maintenance of CRM data and segmentations and all reporting in relation to targets and communities.
- Create innovative targeted B2B communication journeys using design platforms & CRM
- Monitor & report progress of campaigns using various metrics and submit reports of performance to impact in the short term, and contribute to overall marketing strategy in the long term.
- Use of Eventbrite to manage bookings, display events on company websites & collect prospect data.
- Growing the various communities through desktop research, outreach, partners, digital networking and referral initiatives.
- Promote events & outputs via agreed social media channels in conjunction with other team members.
- New data acquisition to support community growth using third parties as required.
- Designing and delivering concepts for standalone events or initiatives aimed at the identified external groups,
What do you need?
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate our values. It is our commitment to Achievement, Team and Fun, Improvement, Confidence & Ambition that makes us a team. Other role specific skills required include:
- Experience creating targeted campaigns ideally using Hubspot CRM
- Experience of B2B marketing is essential.
- Proficient in one or more design platform such as Canva, Adobe or similar.
- Understand data segmentation and the need to tailor messages accordingly.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Proactivity, actively seeking where you can make impact.
- Great time management skills, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working remotely with minimal supervision.
- Strong sense of customer, preferably gained in a sales environment.
- Process driven with the ability to develop process improvements.
- Analytical skills and the ability to interpret data to drive decisions.
What are the whole team required to do?
- Have a passion for making social impact.
- Live our values! Achieve, Team and Fun, Improve, Confidence & Ambition are what makes us a team.
- Follow the Company’s Policies and Procedures, accessible at any time from the CitrusHR Website, as well as statutory requirements.
- Uphold the Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policies, ensuring effective implementation in all aspects of their work for the Company.
- Provide a working environment at home (unless you are office based) with an ergonomic workstation in a quiet space with an internet connection suitable for video & telephone calls.
- Be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to business improvement.
- Undertake training as required.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Always observe health and safety procedures to safeguard yourself as well as the interests and safety of all those we work with you.
- Undertake other duties as needed.
If your experience matches our requirements, and you have a passion to help in the lives of our young people, then please click apply.
Please note due to a high volume of applicants we may not be able to respond to all applications. All successful candidates will be notified within 72 hours of application.